Triangle pose (Trikonasana) a.k.a prolonged Triangle pose (Utthita Trikonasana) is an excellent pose to reinforce the decreased body lengthening of stiff muscle tissues. A wonderful standing pose for easing stress and tension which you can do even in the course of the second trimester of pregnancy (only under expert steerage).
It’s miles first-class ideal for people in desk jobs because it stretches all muscle businesses which are maximum affected by a sedentary way of life. The pose teaches your frame higher feel of stability because it strengthens and relaxes the least used muscular tissues like those of the deceased body.
When you get into this pose, you stretch and enhance your ankles, knees, and thighs, whilst also stretching your hips, groin, shoulders, returned, and chest. Like Parsvakonasana, Trikonasana too stimulates belly organs enhancing digestion, and relieving signs of menopause and chronic backache.
The pose is also beneficial for humans with flat feet, sciatica, osteoporosis, neck ache, and anxiety.
Getting into pose
What you need: Room with fresh air (if you’re doing it inside, otherwise do it in an open area), and you.
Difficulty Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Initial Position: Mountain pose (Tadasana)
Drishti or Gaze: While performing this pose, concentrate your gaze upwards (towards the sky)
- At the same time as you get into the starting function, inhale deep and spread your legs about three-four m apart. also, stretch your hands on the sides, parallel to the floor with palms dealing with up.
- Exhale and make bigger your body proper. Do no longer curve your back. try to attain the ground (your right ankle) along with your proper arm. The right foot in this role points toward the right facet, while the left one is tilted slightly towards the proper.
- Gently twist your neck turn your head and gaze upwards. In this role, your right palm is near your foot (at the back of it) even as the left arm is stretched upwards in line with the gaze. Breath commonly. hold this role for as long as feasible.
- Exhale as you revert lower back to the beginning function. relaxation for a few breaths, then repeat identical on left facet.
- This is one cycle of the Triangle pose. Do it twice in a practice alongside different poses.
in case you experience exerted, rest in Corpse pose.
Iyengar Variation: (Triangle pose with vertical block) if you find it tough to touch the floor to start with, employ a block to relax the palm on until you advantage more flexibility in your muscle groups. The area, this block near the toes and reduce its peak with time.
Revolved Triangle Pose: (Parivritta Trikonasana) it’s miles a complicated form of triangle pose. Here, as you stretch your hands on the perimeters while bending down you twist your torso, i.e., you touch the left foot with the proper palm and the right foot with the left palm. This could also be executed in the Iyengar manner, using the same vertical block. this is a whole lot more powerful variation of this pose, although it should never be completed immediately or without guided supervision, as it entails a greater threat of injury.
Bound Triangle pose: (Baddha Trikonasana) This one is even more superior. As you extend to an aspect in this transformation, you are taking each of your arms alongside and moving them behind your again. The thigh is likewise hugged in. This creates extra stretching inside the chest and the front shoulders.
Hand position I: Palm touching the floor can either be stored parallel to the foot, or twisted away from it. For higher support, spread arms apart in a star formation.
Hand position II: One also can just preserve the ankle or cup the heel of the foot, if touching the ground isn’t feasible.
Mountain pose (Tadasana)
Tree pose (Vrksasana)
Downward facing canine – Adho Mukha Svanasana
Take assistance from the wall if you feel unsteady in this pose. In case you locate it tough to touch the ground, to begin with, start with the aid of aiming to the touch your knee, then your calf, and finally the ankle. You could also start with the Iyengar version of this pose.
Utthita Parsvakonasana (prolonged facet angle Pose)
Pyramid Pose (Parsvottanasana)
People with coronary heart, blood pressure issues, or common headaches should no longer carry out it.
People with neck accidents or pain must not twist it to the aspect inside the final step. as a substitute appearance immediately keeping an impartial function.
Pregnant women can do it all until the onset of 1/3 trimester but continually perform under expert supervision, even though the revolved and certain triangle versions ought to strictly be averted.